Sweet as chocolate cake, A lovely blog award
I woke up one morning and before I did anything else I checked online what was going on with the world. I was very happy to read that the lovely Julianna, host of the delicious blog Foodie On Board had nominated me for One Lovely blog award! It made me jump out of bed with a smile, what a way to start the day! Julianna’s blog is full of unique and inspirational recipes and beautiful pictures. I often get stuck (and hungry) reading through her diverse recipes such as Quinoa salad with saffron, drunken figs and pistachios and Pumpkin pie with Orange trim, it all looks and sounds delicious.
I love to blog and I love to read other blogs and I can’t say enough that I never thought I would find such a great community and network. Thank you Julianna, I am so pleased to accept!
There are so many talented foodies out there and I am so happy to be part of the blogging community and meet fellow foodies!
I might be better at listening than talkign about myself but here are seven things about myself:
- I adore foraging and growing my own veg, saying that it is actually M who grows and me who cooks, isn’t that great team work?!
- If I don’t have anything on for the day I love to eat cheese with raw onion. The combination is delicious and the result is a a breath that most likely could kill a dragon, so that is reserved for visit free days around the house!
- I love to cook with things I have never cooked before, my latest discovery is Freekeh that became a risotto type(ish), delicious dish, see recipe here.
- I am a walking mosquito magnet and have always been. If there is a mosquito, even just one within a mile radius it will find me.
- My most enjoyable and memorable holiday read is Jay Rayner’s A Greedy Man in a Hungry World, a brilliant look at the food industry on a global scale. It makes you stop and think about what you buy and eat!
- My favorite author is Oscar Wilde. I just love his style and language and his novels are just ever so slightly wicked but I will actually read pretty much anything.
- If I could only eat one type of food for the rest of my life I would choose sushi
Here are the bloggers I would like to pass this award on to, if you have time and if you haven’t seen them please have a look and I hope you will be as inspired as I am reading them! I actually picked 8 blogs, there are so many to choose from, 7 seemed impossible! There are many more worth mentioning but these always inspire, they cover a lot of foods and even if you don’t want to cook, head over and enjoy some mouth watering pictures!
Ngan, Ngan Made It
Hilda, Along the Grapevine
Angie, The Novice Gardener
Prudy, butter basil and breadcrumbs
Saucy, Saucy Gander
The rules for the award:
- Add the “One Lovely Blog Award” image to your post
- Share seven things about you.
- Pass the award on to seven nominees.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Inform the nominees by posting on their blogs.