Awards: The Liebster Award, Very Inspiring Blog Award, Best Moment Award, Sunshine Award & Versatile Blogger Award
I know I have said it before but blogging is being a part of a community. I haven’t come across a blogger who is not helpful and supportive. I really feel lucky to have gained followers who read my blog, like some of the foods and make lovely comments! It really does make my day to get feedback. I never thought I would get random readers on my blog from searches such as “snow friends” and “sexy little feet”.
The blog is a labor of love and to anyone who asks me why I do it the answer is the same, this blog is my indulgence to my passion for food. I get to share it! So thank you to everyone that reads my blog and I have been nominated for some amazing awards! Thank you to my fellow bloggers with amazing blogs who have nominated me!
I was nominated for the Liebster Award , A very Inspiring Blog Award, Best Moment Award, Sunshine Award and Versatile Blogger Award by A French Girl “Cuisine”, visit her blog here. It will make you want to drop what you are doing and just want to cook! It is a wonderful mix of sweet and savory with a French influence and always inspiring.
I was also nominated for the Sunshine Award and the Versatile Blogger Award by the lovely Ada from More Food, Please, have a look at her blog here. She has lots of quirky and very delicious sounding foods and some great reviews. I am still envious that she meet Chef Morimoto! Have a browse around her blog and get inspired!
Last but by far not least I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger award by Easy Chinese Recipes, have a look at the blog here. It is full of authentic Chinese and Asian inspired recipes and each recipe comes with great hints and tips for getting more flavor in to your food, a brilliant idea.
All of the blogs are an absolute inspiration to read and I am looking forward to follow their future blog posts! I just have to stop reading them just before lunch or dinner as it makes me absolutely starving!
The rules for the Liebster Award
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions made by the person who nominated you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
- Choose 11 bloggers to pass the award to and mention them in your post.
- Go to their blogs and let them know that they have been nominated.
- No tag backs.
The rules for Very Inspiring Blogger Award are:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Select up to 15 blogs for the award, a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
- Copy and paste the award on your blog somewhere.
The Versatile Blogger Award
The rules for The Versatile Blogger Award are:
1 Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2 Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and a link back.
3 Share 7 random interesting things about yourself.
4 Nominate up to 15 bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
5 Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog.
The rules for Best Moment Award are:
– Winners re-post this completely with their Acceptance Speech.
– This could be written or video recorded.
– Winners have the privilege of awarding the next awardees!
– The re-post should include a NEW set of people/blogs worthy of the award; and winners notify them the great news.
RESOURCES: What makes a good acceptance speech?
– Gratitude. Thank the people who helped you along the way – Humor. Keep us entertained and smiling
– Inspiration. Make your story touch our lives
– Get an idea from the great acceptance speeches, compiled in MomentMatters.com/Speech
– Display the award’s badge on your blog/website, downloadable in MomentMatters.com/Award
The rules for Sunshine Award are:
1 Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2 Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back.
3 Answer the same 10 questions given.
4 Nominate up to 10 blogs for the award, a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
5 Copy and paste the award on your blog somewhere.
These awards asks me to give you some random facts about myself so here we go, 11 random facts about myself
1. I have never owned a microwave oven
2. I love to go to supermarkets when I travel abroad, everyday foods looks so different and in some cases, exotic!
3. I love to buy foods I have never cooked with before and just give it a go (with various results)
4. I prefer risotto made with pearl barley to rice, a bit controversial I know
5. So far my most amazing food experience was at the restaurant Abac in Barcelona, Spain, the food was sublime and I could have happily (and if I could afford) book myself in to the hotel where the restaurant is located and EAT! I wouldn’t even leave the hotel.
6. Every time I go home to Sweden I try to find time to eat a hot dog with prawn salad, a strange but delicious combination
7. I was filled with horror when I was first faced with the very English, Brandy butter. Butter mixed with sugar and brandy, served with warmed mince pies and one of the most, I have to say, revolting things I have ever tried. Ever since I have kept a very healthy distance should it ever try to come near me. I guess some tastes are acquired.
8. My favorite red wine is Pinot Noir
9. I once did a skydive and the best moment was when I let go of the plane and just did a 60 second free fall, I was high on adrenaline for 3 days after!
10. I love to read books and I don’t like when others are using an e-book reader as I then can’t spy on what they are reading!
11. My next holiday destination is New York, I can’t wait! I will be a total tourist and finally get to see the Christmas tree by the Rockefeller center and eat in as many restaurants as I can!
Here are my responses to the questions from A French Girl Cuisine
- What is the most amazing place you have been to? – Vietnam
- Which country you would like to visit? – China
- Have you ever been in France? – Yes
- What is your favorite cuisine? – it depends on my mood
- What is your favorite cooking book? – I have quite a few but Donna Hay’s “Flavors” is up there
- Red or white wine? – mainly red
- Do you eat oysters? – yes, au naturel
- What is the most strange thing, you have ever eaten? – brandy butter, it is an acquired (and not by myself) taste
- What is your favorite hobby? – cooking & eating, always best shared with good company
- What is the recipe that you prefer on my blog? – A Sweet Plum Shot, it just sounds irresistible
- What would be the next French recipe you would like me to publish? – Turbot aux Beurre Blanc
Call me a cheater but I would like to pass these questions on as they are great!
The rules are:
1. Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post.
2. Link to the blogger who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award.
5. Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them.
6. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
For the Sunshine Award I liked Ada’s questions so much I pretty much copied most of them! I would like to pass these questions on
1. What is your comfort food? – if available, a really good hot dog with ketchup and extra strong mustard in a lightly toasted bun
2. To what part of the world would you most like to travel? – Asia, China, Cambodia, Vietnam, Korea first of all, I could be away for a very long time
3. What is the best thing about blogging? – the community, being able to share and take part of other bloggers blogs
4. What is your secret indulgence? – perhaps not so secret, CHEESE
5. If someone handed you £1000 tomorrow what would you spend it on? – this time of the year, Christmas presents, Christmas food and save a little if there was any left
6. What do you never leave home without? – my wallet but I would be bored without my mobile phone
7. What’s your favorite meal of the day? – lunch or brunch, every day
8. What makes you laugh? – happy thoughts and fun moments
9. Who would be your ideal dinner party guests? – anyone who likes to eat my food!
10. What was the last thing you Googled? – A wine bar in Amsterdam to recommend to a friend
I would like to nominate the following bloggers for the above awards as I read their blogs on a regular basis and they are all uniquely interesting and I hope you might like them as much as I do! In no particular order